TMT Law Practice, New Delhi
Bagmisikha is a technology lawyer with about seven years of experience. Her primary areas of practice are regulatory advisory and general corporate and commercial with specific emphasis on subject areas such as privacy, healthcare, telecommunications and space commercial. She has advised clients in creating privacy frameworks and has helped them implement the same at an enterprise level. She has advised and assisted healthcare institutions and associations in government agencies for regulatory and policy matters.
- Advising clients across sectors, including new age technology (fintech, agritech, space technology, digital health), telecom, broadcasting, pharmaceuticals, media, publishing house, ITeS, digital gaming.
- Advising clients and giving opinions on generation, processing and handling personal and sensitive personal data of individuals and have provided handholding services in implementing the compliance procedures within the in-house set-up and conducting training of internal teams to realign company SOPs in re the compliance framework.
- Advising clients on compliance with RBI laws, with special focus on prepaid payment instruments, payment settlement systems, PCI-DSS compliance, and other compliance requirements for maintenance and operation of a digital finance ecosystem.
- Advising clients in digital health, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies in complying with laws related to online transactions, import regulations, labeling requirements, consumer grievance redressal procedures, and telemedicine practice.
- Advising clients, rendering opinions and drafting of formal representations, white papers, position papers to be submitted to governmental and intergovernmental bodies for regulatory and public policy consideration.
- Drafting and negotiating corporate commercial contracts, transactional documents, across industries.
- Advising clients, rendering opinions on infusion of foreign investment in the sectors of IT, ITeS, healthcare, telecommunications, broadcasting, digital gaming, e-commerce, finance.
- Advising clients, and industry associations in working for self-regulatory frameworks in the digital health, life sciences, digital gaming sectors; and providing assistance in drafting of the voluntary codes of conduct in the related domains.
- She has worked with NITI AAYOG on issues related to healthcare and privacy. Bagmisikha has provided inputs to central and state government agencies on geographical indications, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, telecommunications and broadcasting, privacy, digital gaming, etc.
- She is part of the Executive Committee, Regulatory Committee and is the legal advisor to the Telemedicine Society of India. She works closely with the society to make representations, conduct annual conferences, and has represented the society across various panel discussions, government representations. She has conducted multiple training sessions in collaboration with the society to train the healthcare professionals, allied professionals on Telemedicine Practice Guidelines (TPG), on a pro bono basis. She worked with NITI AAYOG towards drafting of the TPG.
- She is a part of the Ethics Committee (Academic) of Mohan Foundation.
- She is a member of the Indian Society for Clinical Research, and is also actively involved in the work towards laws concerning pharmaceuticals.
Bagmisikha has spoken at privacy conclaves, healthcare conferences and has also provided training to the Odisha MSME members on issues concerning Geographical Indications. She also provides training programs to students of the School of Law, KIIT University on laws governing new age technologies.
My Industry Sectors
Beyond Technology, Media and Telecom, TMT Law Practice serves a wide variety of diverse industry sectors and its legal challenges, from more conventional BFIS and Infrastructure to the new age Technological and StartUp sectors.
My Practice Areas
Beyond Intellectiual Property Rights, you can rely on TMT Law Practice for diverse Legal competencies from Arbitration to Litigation and from Corporate Disputes to Competition Law, White Collar Crimes, Contracts, Data Privacy and Public Policy to name a few, those we have been serving for a iconic brands and businesses, eversince.
LL.B. (I.P. Law), from School of Law, KIIT University (Class of 2014)
B.Sc., B.J.B Junior College (Class of 2009)
I’d Love to Help
TMT Law Practice
Established in 2008, headquartered in New Delhi, with branch office in Mumbai, TMT Law Practice is India’s premiere Law Firm in segment of Technology, Media and Telecom, behind India’s iconic clients and judgements, often cited for “Where Law Meets Innovation”…